Cà phê sữa chua: yogurt coffee
It may sound strange, but yogurt is a food that goes perfectly well with Vietnamese coffee. Cà phê sữa chua is the perfect mix between a sweet and creamy Vietnamese yogurt and a full-bodied Vietnamese coffee.
Method: phin or espresso Amount of coffee : 15-18g
Grind: medium fine Preparation time : 5-6 min
1. Add 2 tbsp (15g-18g) of ground coffee into the phin (without the pierced filter)
2. Pour the hot water in two parts. Wet the coffee by pouring a little hot water to cover the pierced filter (the pre-infusion releases the aromas)
3. Wait between 30 seconds then pour hot water to the top (125g of water for 15g of coffee)
4. Put the lid back on the filter to keep the heat in
5. Wait for all the water to drip through the phin, then froth the coffee with a milk frother
6. In a glass, add 2 tbsp of condensed milk and a pot of Vietnamese yogurt (or plain yogurt)
7. Add ice cubes
8. Pour the coffee over the mixture and the ice cubes
It's ready to enjoy!
Can I replace the phin coffee with an espresso?
Yes, absolutely! Bạc xỉu should be prepared with a strong, full-bodied coffee such as phin or espresso. All you have to do is replace the phin coffee with an espresso coffee.
Can I make a vegan version of Bạc xỉu?
Yes of course ! You can replace fresh milk with any vegetable milk. And you can also replace the condensed milk with condensed coconut milk.
What is the difference with cà phê sữa đá and Bạc xỉu?
The difference is that there is fresh milk in the Bạc xỉu. This makes the drink less sweet and smoother!
Which coffee to choose for Bạc xỉu?
Our two coffees Hanoi and Saigon are suitable for making Bạc xỉu.
But the Saigon being more full-bodied and chocolatey, it will marry better with milk.